- Director of Tech-Art Division; Chair of Information and Interaction Design; Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Communication and Arts, Yonsei University
- Ph.D. in Design, Carnegie Mellon University
- M.Des. in Interaction Design, Carnegie Mellon University
- B.F.A. in Visual Communication Design Major, College of Fine Arts, Seoul National University
- Employment at MetaDesign (SF), MayaViz(PA), SigelGale(NY)
Introduction to Information and Interaction Design, Idea Visualization, Information and Perception, Interaction Design, Senior Project, Techno-Art Capstone Project
Information (how we perceive) and Interaction (how we act) are central to everything that surrounds us in daily lives. Without a deeper understanding and exploration into both themes, we still can make functional artifacts but cannot design for truly engaging and meaningful experiences.
- Professor, Graduate School of Communication and Arts, Yonsei University; Advisor at Interface agency, Amoeba
- Ph.D. at Sunkyunkwan University
- M.F.A in Graphic design, Rhode Island School of Design
- B.F.A in Visual communication design, Hongik University.
- Worked at Samsung Electronics as Overseas Department Designer
- Lectured Communication Design at SADI, Design Lab for Samsung Electoronics, Hanyang University as a full time professor
Communicating with Type, Visual System
Information and Interaction Design major is forward thinking and unique not only in Korea but world-wide, and therefore take great pride in nurturing outstanding creatives. I welcome students who have the talent and will to not only plan and create but also the ability to execute.
- Assistant Professor, UIC, Yonsei University
- Ph.D. in Human Centered Computing, School of Interactive Computing & GVU Center, Georgia Tech (2006-2012)
- M.S. in Information (Specialization in HCI), University of Michigan Ann Arbor (2004-2006)
- B.S. in Industrial Design, KAIST (1999-2004)
- User Experience Researcher, Google (2012-2015)
Introduction to Information and Interaction Design, Interaction Design, User Experience Research Methods, HCI Seminar, Creative Industry Internship, Senior Project, Techno-Art Capstone Project
- Have a genuine interest in human?
- Interested in how people and technology interact with each other?
- Want to be a social engineer who shapes the way people communicate with one another?
3 reasons you should come to IID.
- Assistant Professor (in Media Art major), The Graduate School of Communication and Arts, Yonsei University
- Ph.D. in Digital Media program, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
- M.P.S. Interactive Telecommunications Program, Tisch School of the Arts, New York University, New York
- Completion of M.F.A. course of Painting, College of Fine Arts, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- B.F.A. Painting, College of Fine Arts, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Game Design and Culture
Due to newly emerging technological medias including social media, IoT, and etc, Big Data and information that is customized to our lives are considered very importantly. In addition, we still try to create intimate experiences through those various media technologies. In order to interact with myself and other people, and to understand deeply about our lives and our society by expressing our selves, becoming an interaction and information design expert will be a fun method to breathe in the contemporary age.
- "Kistone Photography, Seoul, Korea
- Director of Photography, 1987-present"
- Asian Specialist for Time, Fortune, and Forbes since 1987
- Teaching Experience in Rhode Island School of Design
- Creative Director at Epstein Gutzwiller and Partners in Cleveland, Ohio
- MFA 2010, and BFA 1986 at Rhode Island School of Design
Photography Workshop, Mind of Matter, Photo and Books
My classes are designed to challege your mind. We are so bogged down to only working on "processed mind," leaving very little room to create your own think tank.Take brave steps and let your mind travel freely, where at the end you will find the true meaning of creativeness. Take pictures that can enhance your thought process, do something you always wanted to do, but thought you could never do. My class is open to all kinds of experimental process. There is no wrong answer.
- Ph.D. in Business Management, Yonsei University
- Currently Post-doctoral Researcher at Yonsei HCI Lab, and Creative Innovation Research Center of YBRI
- Head of Future Xperience Lab, D'strict
- Senior Consultant, e-Business, Strategic Service, Oracle, Inc.
- Interactive Manager, Ogilvy Interactive (a part of O&M)
User Experience Prototyping, Interaction Design
IID is one of the most advanced convergence study programs in Korea and worldwide. It opens up the opportunity to be educated as T-Shaped stars owning a depth of skill that allows them to contribute to the creative process, and the disposition for collaboration across disciplines. Its well-balanced courses between theoretical disciplines and studio practices will ground your intellectual fertility, and ready-to-market skill sets.
- M.F.A. in painting/ sculpture. San Francisco Art Institute (1999)
- M.F.A. in painting. Department of Fine Arts, Graduate School, Seoul National University (1996)
- B.F.A. in painting. College of Fine Arts, Seoul National University (1994)
- (Selected Solo Exhibitions) Leehwaik Gallery: ABOUT TRANSLUENCY. Seoul, Korea (2014)
- Kips Gallery, New York, U.S.A. (2011)
Come and join IID, the group of people with passion, love and integrity!
- Current: Common/Social Space Designer/Architect
- "Architecten Van Mourik (Hague, Netherlands) : Architectural designer"
- Berlage Institute (Rotterdam, Netherlands) : M.Arch. in Architecture and Urban Design
- IK steel, Metal design Department (Ilsan, Korea) : Marketing manager/ Team leader
- Dongbu Steel (Seoul, Korea): facade and color coordinator and designer
Common Design and Community
If the past were an era of standard designs, nowadays it is an era of service design, and the future would be a generation for a customized design. To follow recent trends and to adapt to the new generation, it is crucial to consider information, service and interaction as important values. In IID, you can learn all of those basic curriculums through various types of classes including theory based classes and project based classes.
- Ph.D. in Human Environment and Design, Yonsei University
- MDes in Communication Planning and Design, Carnegie Mellon University
- B.F.A in Visual Communication Design, Hongik University
- Work: MetaDesign SF Office- New Media Designer, Hyundai Department Store- Graphic Designer
Introduction to Information and Interaction design, Idea Visualization, Type in Motion
Opportunity to learn interaction design in undergraduate studies
- Bukyong National University, Bachelor's degree, Electronics Engineering
- iOS / OS X Application Developer
- Apple Distinguished Educator
- UX Lecturer for Samsung Electronics
- Technical writer( published 4 iOS development books )
Application Prototyping, Swift iOS Programming
Be different, be unique, be IID.
- Twoplus (Current, Creative Director)
*Brand/Corporate Identity, Editorial Design, & Package Design.
- B.F.A in Graphic Design, Rhode Island School of Design
- M.F.A in Visual Communication, School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- HLC Group, NY
- New York City Transit Authority, NY
Editorial Design, Visual System, Senior Project
The importance of converging Technology & Design. Since technology and design will eventually become a converged field with vague boundaries, it is expected that IID will be the major that has wide ranging possibilities as the convergence of technology and design expands and reaches individuals' daily lives.
- D.F.A in Visual Art, Graduate School of Communication & Arts, Yonsei University
- M.F.A in Visual Communication Design, Graduate School of Communication and Arts, Yonsei Univerisity
- B.F.A in Computer Graphics & Interactive Media, 3D, Pratt Institute
- US Medical Network, New York
- Couchpotato Design (Current, Art Director)
Time, Motion and Communication
Welcome to IID where you can explore your potentials beyond limits. IID provides an opportunity to express creativity and to be truly passionate about individuals talents.
- MA, Design Products, Royal College of Art (London)
- Senior Product Designer, Digital Appliances & IT Solution Business Unit, Samsung Electronics
- Product Designer, Digipeaks Inc.
- 3D Designer, Imagedrome Inc.
- B.F.A, Industrial Design, Seoul National University
Industrial Design Basics
You have the right to explore various subdivisions of design at IID even including physical product design. Be a boundary breaker and a versatile creator here.
- Doctoral Researcher, Design History and Cultural Studies, College of Fine Arts, Seoul National University
- M.Des. in Design History and Cultural Studies, College of Fine Arts, Seoul National University
- B.F.A. in Graphic Design (major) and Industrial Design (minor), School of Architecture, Design and Urbanism, Buenos Aires University
- Teaching Experience in Buenos Aires University, School of Architecture, Design and Urbanism, Audiovisual Design.
- Lectured in IAA - Buenos Aires University, Chile University and Austral University of Chile
Design History strives to explore the different historical events, artistic media, technological changes and various philosophical theories, so as to provide us with the cognitive and methodological tools we need to place our own works in a broader social, economic and cultural phenomena. History helps us to assert that design is not a fall-back profession for aspiring artists, but an independent practice with its own culture. Furthermore, It would be crucial to develop analytical and critical abilities to interprete our current design activities.